Memoires of Some Happy

Monday, March 20, 2006

Louise

Saturdays, when my uncle Cory came to visit Dad, because he wanted to quit his job at the Royal Mint and become a farmer too, he always brought my cousins with him. Louise, who is about a year younger than me, is probably my favourite non-immediate family person from my childhood. Laughter-filled, fun, up for anything and way less timid than myself, we played barbies and dress ups, and sang and danced. Jesus! There are som many good memories associated with Louise. How could I have forgotten?

Anyways, today I remember "The Robber Dance," a little multi-media, avant garde performance I made up when I was about 10. It involved dress-ups, the old record player and eclectic selection of records left in it, singing, dancing and theatre.

The basic story was one of a guy robbing some peoples' house. We drafted my seven year old brother in for the part of the robber, I believe. At any rate, we played some record from the collection, acted out this skit of some people getting robbed, and put lots of dancing into the story line. I remember this little exercise being quite different than what we usually played, probably because the story was thought out in advance, and it involved a story and a somewhat choreographed dance. I don't think my brother was that thrilled with his part in the thing. Robber Dance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home